22 Ridiculous London Cycle Lanes That Hate Cyclists
Most of London is badly designed for cycling, but these bike routes stand out as being utterly horrible to ride. Or just plain ridiculous.
1. If you cycle in London, you’ll know the capital’s bike lanes can leave a lot to be desired.
Yesterday's Cycle Superhighway Canal…and….
4. In London, bike lanes can also double has a handy parking space for cars.
Why 'segregation-lite' should only really be a temporary step towards 'segregation proper' pic by @Adh1907
8. When those designers aren’t actively putting things in your way, that is.
10. They give with one hand, and take away with the other.
It's like they've actually tried to make cycling in the Olympic Park as shit as possible
17. Some designers seem to think blue paint will magically keep cyclists safe.
Like this paint at Aldgate.
18. Sometimes they won’t even shell out for the blue stuff. This one’s under a taxi.
19. It often feels like the people designing these things have never ridden a bike before.
Cycle route, UK-style. I'd say this has been well and truly cycle-proofed: