Doritos’ New "Roulette" Flavor Has A Few Painfully Spicy Chips In Each Bag And People Are Filming Themselves Eating Them
Eat at your own risk.
1. If your normal bag of Doritos hasn’t provided enough entertainment, PepsiCo has just launched “Doritos Roulette,” a new gimmick where just a few of the chips in each bag are insanely hot.
You know, like Russian roulette. But with chips instead of guns.
3. Some consumers are calling the spicy chips “a solid slap in the face,” and hundreds have taken to posting videos of themselves taking the challenge on YouTube, the Financial Post reports.
4. The Roulette edition was launched in Canada last month, but — sadly — it’s not clear whether they’ll come to the U.S. or not.
5. So naturally they’re being sold for 1000% profit on eBay.
6. Luckily for us, we get to live vicariously through the Canadians who have filmed themselves trying it.
“It really is hot. It’s not like a Dorito,” said Erika, one YouTuber who tried it with a friend.
7. Teens are especially taking part in the chip roulette craze.
“Oh, that is really spicy,” one young vlogger said.
8. It’s pretty cute.
9. Literal hours of schadenfreude.
10. The only thing worse than getting a spicy chip, it seems, is getting a bag with none. Or at least not being sensitive enough to be affected by it.
“Not impressed Doritos, not impressed,” said YouTuber Cam Doughty.
11. People are also sharing pictures of themselves post-spicy chip with the hashtag #BurnSelfie as part of a Doritos giveaway.
14. Good luck out there, Canadian snackers!
Doritos Roulette don't play. They're dangerous.
The new roulette Doritos are basically anxiety in a bag. I ended up taking tiny licks of each chip, and making a pile out of the spicy ones.